Website and App Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the App, including if you register as a user of the App, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the App, request any information or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your password and log-in details;
- your preferences, which helps us provide you with more tailored offers;
- details of any transactions made by you through the App;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the App, the resources you access and any data you download;
- if you make any purchases, your financial information (like your credit or debit card numbers);
- Details and documents required in terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-Related Information Act, 2002 (RICA).
- information obtained from your social networking profile, if you log-in via a social networking site.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- help us to build a profile of your preferences so we can offer you products and services you are interested in;
- enable us to process your orders and/or sales and to provide you with the services and information offered through the App and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through the App;
- share with third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and ticket dispatchers;
- share with our merchants for the purposes of redeeming the deals you purchase from the App;
- exchange information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- contact you by post, phone or email when necessary to discuss the transactions entered into by you on the App;
- audit the downloading of data from the App;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the App and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the App;
- carry out research on our users' demographics and tracking of sales data;
- share with social networking sites at your request; and
- disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law.
With regards to M-Pulse Users, we will also use information you provide to us for the purposes of contacting you with information or offers regarding upcoming events, products, services or surveys. This shall only be done with your consent and our direct marketing policy which is explained in full below.
When you visit the App, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of phone or operating system you use and, if you came to the website, the type of internet browser you use and the website from which you have come to the site. Also, depending on whether you access M-Pulse on your computer or via your mobile device, we will collect your IP address (the unique address which identifies your home computer on the internet) or the unique identifier (which is linked to your mobile device) which are automatically recognised by our servers. You cannot be identified solely from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the App and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Note that you may only use the App, products and services or enter into an agreement with us for services if you are 18 years or older.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the App, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, potential merchants and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, merchants, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the App, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the App or enforce the terms under which you transact with us or enforce the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The App may, from time to time, make public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Marketing to you
We may send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us by push notification and/or by e-mail, including information about the latest or upcoming deals featured on the App, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes and we will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving further e-mails or push notifications by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you.
We undertake to comply with all applicable laws in relation to direct marketing, including the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, in this regard.
Your location data
In order to get the most out of our service and to allow us to provide you with tailored offers, we need to process your approximate location from time to time. The types of location data that will be processed are your latitude, longitude, cell tower ID, etc. Your location data will only be processed for as long as necessary in order for us to respond to your request for tailored offers. After this the data will be deleted. The location data may be transferred to our merchants for the purpose of providing you with the best offers at that time to match your preferences.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the App whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
Storage of your information
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with ("POPI"). Any access request may be subject to a fee for meeting our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
M-Pulse Cookies Policy
When you interact with the App, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our App our Web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (depending on how you access the site). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your App. These are known as session cookies. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the App and will last for longer. These are known as persistent cookies.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site; and
- collect statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts of the website are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by our App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. For example, social networking sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the site you may not be able to take full advantage of the App if you do so.
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the site. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand what parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Block D Newlands Office Park
261 Lois Avenue